My mum has been raving about this place,
she loves her waffles
so we ordered to share:
French Onion Soup
Butter and Jam
Verdict: 1/2 of us will return.
French Onion Soup: it was tasteless. I don’t think i really need to elaborate on it further.
waffles: considering this is the second time that my mum has returned, she mentioned how the first time around the waffles were much better -> in terms of the level of fluffiness and crisp. This time around both waffles were just too airy and not very crispy.
Damage: $15 per pax
1 Goldhill Plaza, #01-11
Monday – Sunday: 8:30 am – 10:30 pm
decided to check out this neighbourhood since my bestie passed her driving!! 🙂
Happy Friday everyone!
Ice camomile tea. Ice green tea
Seared scallop with Parma ham
Seafood Linguine baked in parchment paper
Roast Pork Medallion
close up of what medium rare pork medallion looks like
and for desert to share:
Chocolate Foundant Cake
Verdict: 2/2 of us will return!
1. The scallop appetiser was really something different from the usual in a good way, if you like creamy sauces 🙂 Scallop was well cooked => not too raw that it is too mushy and not too over cooked that it tastes like rubber.
Seafood linguine was really flavourful. The sauce was not too saltish and overall had an impactful seafood flavour. Linguine was al dente and seafood was really fresh and plentiful.
Pork Medallion : the first time that I am eating it medium rare – I always thought pork should be cooked till well done . It was really succulent and didn’t have that raw porky after taste. This cooking style was recommended by the friendly waitress and no turning back for me.
was really just nice to share after the filling mains 🙂 . Crispy on the outside, molten in the inside 🙂
For one, service here is very good. We did not have a reservation but the waitresses and waiters attended to us very quickly and keep coming back to check in on our progress throughout the meal.
Damage: $51 per pax
the secret italian kitchen
12 Greenwood Avenue
met up with a friend and we decided to try this place
So we ordered to share:
Sweet Potato Fries
Close up of Cabonara
Close up of Mushroom Ravioli
Verdict: 2/2 of us will return!
1. Pasta was not over cooked. we were not too hungry so the smaller portion (mushroom ravioli) was enough for the two of us. The bigger portion (cabonara) was also well executed.
2. loved the sweet potato fries 🙂 was something very different. Well-battered and not too heavy 🙂 very nice indeed.
3. Calamari was also just nothing bad and not spectacularly good. .. like its the average calamari taste across restaurants
Damage: $30 per pax
Supply & Demand
277 Orchard Road #02-13/14
Brought a friend to this place to thank him for all his help
so we had:
Calamari with celeriac, tamarind and lime
Broken Pork Sausage
Catch of the day
Verdict: 1.25/2 of us will return.
1. Appetizers: Calamari was different from what we expected to be : deep fried and crispy. This different is a good kind of different. The squid was not overcooked and had a very pleasant bbq texture to it. Not at all rubbery. Well executed. The broken pork sausage was quite a good attempt in something different… but didn’t really blow our minds
2. Mains: The fish was really fresh. The texture of it was similar to salmon and cod fish mixed together (if that makes sense). I really enjoyed it, although I must say it is not as ‘fatty’ in terms of ‘fish oiliness’ comparatively to salmon and cod, but the meat texture was firm and not overcooked. Well executed. The beef was quite well done as well, not over cooked and tough.
3. Sides: I think the picture spoke for itself. It was quite good .
Damage: $46 per pax
102 Amoy Street,
Decided to meet up in this quaint hidden place before zooming off
The Missing Pan
a very interesting name 🙂
So we ordered:
Home made bread and butter
Verdict: 2/2 of us will return
it is quite a hearty meal I must admit. Both of us were stuffed full after the meal.
The fish was well executed, the sides were seared nicely with a little crisp, and yet not drowned in oil.
Garden risotto was very hearty although it was all vegetables, it was pretty substantial.
A very nicely tucked away for chillout sessions or just catching up 🙂
Will like to try the brunch next time 🙂
The Missing Pan
619D Bukit Timah Rd
Decided to head down to this new spot to try out the dinner menu
The chefs according to Timeout had stints in Tetsuya and all
Home made Sour Dough with butter
Salmon tartar, kaiso salad & ponzu dressing
Miso Eggplant, shimeji escabeche & Jerusalem artichoke chips
For mains, we had:
Rangers Valley grain fed striploin, fries and mesclun salad
Hokkaido scallops, crab tortellini & cauliflower puree
Grilled Kurobuta pork collar, grapes & sucrine lettuce
Verdict: 3/3 of us will return!
Apart from the noisy environment where even though we were sitting next to each other, we couldn’t hear ourselves, I really thought the food was pretty up to expectations.
Appetizers were very different from the usual kinds, and the combinations complimented each other very well.
Mains were all executed well.
To me, a good steak is defined as it can be eaten without any sauce. And this cut of the meat, where it is quite lean and little fats to keep the steak juicy, it does require quite a fair bit of skill to keep it at a medium rare consistency.
The pork was also good in that it is moist and the accompaniments complimented well.
The crab tortellini was also just nice (although I thought it did looked abit little) in terms of portion size and scallops cooked to perfection.
wanted to stay on for dessert but .. looking at what the other tables had, we just went off somewhere instead.
Fordham and Grand
43 Craig Rd,
I have been wanting to blog about this place
Where can you find comfort food?
Sometimes you just want to laze around or feast on carbs to just make yourself feel better ..
Highly Recommended by another foodie friend:
Remember to make reservations (not under my name)
We totally enjoyed all the food served,
Close up of the Crab Cakes
Drunk (or not) Clams & Garlic Bread (with Spicy Tomato Sauce)
Look at this towering height!!!
Daily Special: Braised Wagyu Beef Ragout Tagliolini
Version 2.0 Baked Mac & Cheese Royale!*
All American Buttermilk Fried Chicken*
And for dessert we had:
Somewhat like a chocolate mousse
Apple Crumble with Vanilla Ice-Cream
Verdict: 4/4 of us will definitely return.
All of this comfort food, it was so hard to choose a favourite.
We cleaned out all of it.
And of course, for all the beer lovers out there, they have quite an extensive list of imported beers!
(do not drink and drive, and if you are underaged, just wait till you are legal)
789 Bukit Timah Road
+65 6466 4088