A casual meet up to explore this place in the hood
we ordered to share (ok i had the waffle to myself but couldn’t finish)
so we ordered to share
Verdict: 2/3 of us will return.
Coffee: Impressive latte art! My friends had a whale and a bear latte art drawn on their coffees. Taste wise was really ok if you like your after taste to not be so acidic.
Cake: consistent texture.
sweet level: 4/5
Waffle: This was something new that kinda worked. the whitish part is cream cheese, not normal cream.Nonetheless, it was quite solid the waffle, probably due to the chocolate inside. If you like your waffles to have a slightly heavier consistency, I would recommend this one. Crispiness was not compromised even though the mixture was towards the heavy side. 🙂
Just a thought:
1) I think they could try to infuse the cream cheese into the waffle , as I bit into it, there was chocolate inside the waffle, so instead of chocolate, i think if they did it with the cream cheese instead and continued to drizzle the chocolate sauce on the outside, it would have been quite a pleasant surprise.
2) come up with a cream cheese ice-cream equivalent if the above mentioned menthol of infusing the cream cheese is too much of a hassle. Chocolate ice-cream was too much for me.
sweet level: 4/5
Looking forward to return and try the other desserts 🙂
Note* : If i had to measure sweetness level through a cup of milo drink, imagine when making a cup of milo:
Sweet Level (1 being the lowest, 5 being the highest)
- Not at all sweet ( = 1tbsp of milo)
- Subtle sweet ( = 1.5 tbsp of milo)
- Generally Sweet ( = 2 tbsp of milo + 1 tbsp of condensed milk)
- Just nice (= 2 tbsp of milo + 1 tbsp of condensed milk + 1 tbsp of sugar)
- Too much (= milo (9 tbsp of milo+ 2tbsp of condensed mik and sugar))
Damage: $15-$18 per pax
The Bakery Chef
Blk 161 Bukit Merah Central
Operating from: 10am-9pm (Fri- Mon),
10am – 7pm (Tues & Thurs)